GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN
Discover the delights of our Asian cucumber and peanut salad. This is a strong contender as one of our favourite salads – although we advise not having it as a main meal but as an accompaniment.
The best thing about our salad? The cucumber is so refreshing that it never gets sickly. And it’s filling too. Enjoy this cold summer salad.
- 1 handful of peanuts
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 chilli (both red or green work equally well)
- Juice of 1.5 limes
- 1 heaped teaspoon of peanut butter (smooth works well)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 handful of coriander
- Dry heat the peanuts in a frying pan until browned, stirring constant. Watch out – these blacken very quickly! Leave these to one side.
- Chop the chilli up (seeds and all) and mix in the lime juice, peanut butter, fish sauce and sesame oil. Whisk briskly with a fork.
- Peel the cucumber and then cut it lengthways in half. Scoop out the seeds from inside and chop into 1/2 cm slices, widthways.
- Mix the cucumber with the peanut sauce and add the peanut chunks on top. Stir in the coriander.
- Serve alongside seared tuna steak cooked with chilli and sesame oil or as a starter.