Cherry and Almond muffins are a real classic and these are no exception. The tart Cherry Active cherries add extra tartness and sweetness and they’re also gluten and dairy free. We’ve used cups in this recipe as exact measurements aren’t necessary, which makes it foolproof!
Keep these in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can also experiment with different dried fruit, including blueberries.
- 3 Cups Gluten Free Flour (Use pre bought or blend your own for a lighter finish)
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup Biona ‘Cocomega’ organic dairy free spread
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (not essence as it is not pure)
- Pinch himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 cups Cherry Active dried cherries
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, crushed
- Preheat oven 180C, line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin cases.
- Using an electric hand whisk, mix the spread with the sugar.
- Add eggs and whisk to just incorporate (mixture will be lumpy, this is good).
- Add the nut milk and vanilla then sift in the flours with the salt and baking powder.
- Whisk to combine (working quickly as the baking powder will activate when it comes into contact with the liquid)
- Fold in the cherries and almonds.
- Spoon into the muffin cases. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Cool for 5 mins then transfer to a wire rack.
If you like the sound of these, you’ll also love Susie’s Cherry Cacao Coconut Bars, they’re absolutely delicious!