GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE
This prawn and mango salad is just what you need when it’s balmy and sunny – it’s deliciously indulgent and perfect for an evening meal when the sun is starting to glow that deep fiery red. The heat from the chilli counteracts the cooling day and the combination of the main ingredients will send your tastebuds into overdrive.
We’re great believers in simplicity. Mainly because we’re also busy Londoners who appreciated good food but don’t want to spend hours crafting it. And unlike Jamie Oliver’s 15 Minute Meals, this really does take 15 minutes. It’s also simple – there’s no magic or witchcraft required to make such a tasty meal.
- 1/2 Mango, sliced
- 6 fresh large Tiger Prawns
- 1/2 fresh chilli, chopped
- 2 ice gem lettuces
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Start with your salad leaves. Pull off or chop your little gem lettuces, wash thoroughly and spread evenly across both plates.
- Arrange your mango on the lettuce.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan, fry the chilli and add the prawns. Squeeze over the lime and add the sesame oil. Cook for a couple of minutes until prawns are pink.
- Arrange the prawns equally over the mango and lettuce, not forgetting to drizzle over the oil from your cooking – this will be hot and tangy and add flavour to your salad.
- Serve with a chilled glass of white wine, or a sparkling water infused with ginger and lemon.