GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE |VEGAN
A little goes a long way with our healthy homemade pesto – it’s zingy and rich in taste. By including hemp seeds, you’re filling up on essentials fats, vitamin E, fibre, iron, zinc and other essential minerals and of course your pine nuts are a rich source of vitamin E too so this meal is perfect for healthy skin.
If you’re after comfort food that takes less than 5 minutes to make, then this pesto is just perfect for you. You can also add spinach or brazil nuts for an entirely different taste.
- 1.5 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 cm cube parmesan cheese or 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pepper to taste
- Blend everything aside from the parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast) together. Make sure it’s still fairly chunky, then grate in the parmesan or stir in the nutritional yeast.
- Serve up with spiralised courgette or pasta. You can also drizzle this with mozarella and tomato to make a delicious salad or even load up your baked salmon with it.
Don’t forget, for a lighter meal, courgetti spaghetti works really well and if you’re not a fan of courgettes but you want to eat more veg, this helps masks the taste. It’s a great dish for kids in this way.