GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY – FREE
More of a savoury rather than sweet person? In that case you’ll love our healthy tomato pancakes – fresh-tasting and easy to make, these will serve you well for breakfast, as well as making a delicious light dinner. Best of all, they don’t require too many ingredients or time, so they’re perfect for the busy Londoner.
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk of choice (almond, rice or drinking coconut milk work well)
- ½ cup Doves gluten free self-raising flour (brown rice flour also works well)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- I tomato sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil for frying
- Whisk all the ingredients together aside from the tomato.
- Heat up 1x tsp coconut oil in a pan.
- Lay sliced tomato in the pan and cook lightly on each side.
- Ladle the batter into the pan (1x ladle per pancake).
- Wait for bubbles to appear on top before flipping over.
- Serve hot.
- If you want to experiment with your pancakes, try adding a sprinkle of feta cheese (you don't need much!) or spinach.