GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE
Lemon and sugar is so old school – we’re mixing things up with more unusual tastes and we guarantee you’ll love this lavender lemon pancake recipe. Using real dried lavender, it adds a generous kick to the flavours without being overpowering – the lemon tones it down. Serve this for dessert at a dinner party to get people talking or enjoy at home. Best of all, these are healthy and 100% sugar-free – who needs sugar when you have lavender?
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk of choice (almond, rice or drinking coconut milk work well)
- ½ cup Doves gluten free self-raising flour (brown rice flour also works well)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp dried lavender
- Juice ¼ freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/2 lemon for topping
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Whisk egg, milk, flour, baking powder and lavender together until smooth.
- Heat up 1x tsp coconut oil in a pan.
- Ladle the mixture in (1x ladle per pancake).
- Wait for bubbles to appear on top before flipping over.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup and an extra squeeze of lemon to taste.
- Eat immediately.
- Lavender is a beautiful taste and if you come across a lavender bush, pick the tiny flowers carefully and wash thoroughly in a sieve before spreading them out on a tray and leaving them to dry naturally. Store in an air-tight jar and use when required.