GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN
Think autumn flavours mixed with light, fresh flavours and you’ve got this pear, spinach and lettuce smoothie. Yes, you heard right, lettuce. It’s fresh and clean and there’s always leftover lettuce in fridges so there’s no excuse for not having any in your fridge.
Choose a really ripe, juicy pear for maximum flavour. The spinach adds to the ‘greenness’ and bulk and is a wonderful source of iron. You can either use fresh spinach or frozen – both work just as well. If you also fancy adding a bit of zing, squeeze in half a lime. This is comforting, filling and makes you feel GOOD.
Don’t forget to leave the skin on the pear for full benefits; it is shown to contain three to four times the amount of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory flavanoids and they are though to help lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large, ripe pear
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 3-4 lettuce leaves
- Water to top it up with
- Chop the core and stalk from the pear then chop the rest of the pear up.
- Throw everything into a blender and top it up with water.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and serve with a straw.