GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN
Raw cherry cacao bars have been described by our taste-testers as “amazing”, “OMFG, they’re absolutely incredible” and “I loooooove your cacao-cherry bars – so so delicious!” And they’re a great deal more healthy than your high-street chocolate bars and twice as tasty. Thanks to Susie, a Leith’s-trained chef’s generosity, you can now make these at home!
Made using cacao nibs (good for cardiovascular health and full of fibre), Cherry Active dried montmorency cherries (tart and sweet at the same time, and scientifically proven to aid post-workout recovery, as well as gout and jet-lag), Coconut Merchant coconut oil, coconut syrup and desiccated coconut, these bars are filling and will satisfy a sweet tooth without being too much of a sugar hit!
They’re also great to take on picnics (just keep them cold), as a snack on hot days (eat straight from the freezer), post-workout snack or as a healthy treat.
Raw Cherry Cacao Coconut Bars Recipe
- 120g Medjool Dates
- 1.5tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g Coconut Merchant Desiccated Coconut (plus extra to top)
- 50g Gluten Free Oats
- 50g Cacao Nibs
- 30g Coconut Merchant Coconut Syrup
- 60g Coconut Merchant Coconut Oil
- 100g Cherry Active Dried Sour Cherries (roughly Chopped)
- 100g 90% cacao chocolate (I use Lindt), 30g roughly chopped
- Line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking parchment
- Blend the dates with the salt, cinnamon & vanilla in a high speed blender to form a paste
- Add the coconut, oats, roughly chopped chocolate, syrup and oil until combined
- Tip into a bowl and mix in the cherries and cacao nibs.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and freeze for 1 hour.
- Once frozen cut into 14 bars
- Melt remaining chocolate over a bain marie.
- Dip the flat side of the bars into the chocolate and then the extra desiccated coconut
- Leave on a lined tray to set
- Try to resist and eat when cold!
You can freeze these for 1 month or keep for 5 days in fridge.
These raw cherry cacao bars are also known as ‘bootcamp bars’, as they were first trialled at our Animal-Themed Charity bootcamp in April.
If you fancy trying other Cherry Active recipes, check out our delightful Cherry Kisses, perfect for loved ones! Or yourself.