We were so excited to have been invited to Holland & Barrett’s first food Showcase; a chance for us to sample a range of food that Holland & Barrett stock in their stores. Focused on health and wellness, with a selection of alternatives and diet specific, such as vegan, we sampled a plethora of delicious treats and wanted to share a few of the brands with you.
At Holland & Barrett’s First Food Showcase, we were really spoilt for choice and loved everything, but this would turn into a dissertation if I were to write about them all. So here are a few of our favourites…
- Rude Health – We were given Rude Health espresso martini cocktails when we arrived, yum! What a fun and creative use of almond milk; it makes the cocktail that much more creamy. I love Rude Health and their amazing range of milk alternative drinks. I am a huge fan of their almond and coconut milks and use them in smoothies and cereals, as well as in coffee and tea. I’m not a vegan, but as a vegetarian, I often choose vegan options as they are delicious… and Rude Health is definitely at the top of the game when it comes to dairy alternative milks.
- Doisy and Dam – My niece is lactose intolerant and let me tell you, Doisy and Dam has been my favourite go-to treat for the monster when she’s having a tantrum; always a tantrum tamer. Their Good Eggs are particularly delicious. They are made with Columbian chocolate and even have vegetable extracts in them! Shh, don’t tell the kids!
- Remedy Drinks – I have tried their tasty kombucha before, but at the event, I got to sample their new kefir drink range too. It’s pretty good, and rather fiery. This is another range of drinks that I like to add to cocktail recipes! Refreshing and healthier than sodas, I think Remedy Drinks might just be the new go-to summer refresher.
- Willie’s Cacao – Already a firm favourite of mine (their giant chocolate buttons are amazing and the perfect ingredient for choc-chip pancakes!). I am so excited to try their Hot Chocolate, I was given a pack to take home with me. Pure, rich indulgence.
- Gem’s Wholesome Kitchen – Ashley and I got to join a cooking workshop and watched the amazing Gem in action. She showed us how to make a healthy budda bowl – so simple and easy, even for a novice chef like me. Plus, they look so attractive. We got to try her creation, it was delicious – I do love sweet potatoes!
Find Out More:
Head to your local Holland & Barrett to see their incredible selection. We especially love their range of Easter goodies that are currently in store.
*Health Advice: Always check the ingredients if you have any allergy concerns.