GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN
Cauliflower takes the front row in Gourmet Glow’s delicious spiced dip recipe.It’s fantastic for sharing so be sure to celebrate having friends over for dinner with this appetiser dip. It takes less than 30 minutes to make so you can rustle it up at short notice too.
Cauliflower is an understated vegetable whose relatively subtle taste often leaves it in second place to other cruciferous veg such as broccoli. But this also adds to its advantage as it is versatile and can be used as a base, just as it is for this recipe. When blended, cauliflower is beautifully creamy and the cumin and garlic lends it an exotic flavour that works well with crudites.
Best of all, cauliflower has a whole host of heath benefits. For example, it contains sulforaphane, which has been linked in some studies to slowing cancer growth by inhibiting cancer stem cells. This compound (which is also found in other cruciferous vegetables), also helps kidney function and blood pressure, making this a heart-healthy recipe also. Best of all, cauliflowers are often reasonably priced and this dip can cater as a the sole pre-dinner snack for a table of 4.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves (whole)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180'C.
- Cut the base from the cauliflower and sit it in a ring made from tinfoil on a baking tray.
- Drizzle generously with coconut oil and stud with the garlic, squeezing it between the florets.
- Sprinkle with the cumin, salt and pepper and roast for 25 minutes until lightly charred.
- Blitz everything in the blender until almost smooth.
- Leave to cool and serve with a selection of crudites, including cucumber, carrot, celery or peppers.
Love this vegan cauliflower dip recipe? Share it below.