Whether you’re a gym bunny with your gym bag with you everyday or a keen runner and never without your favourite sweat proof headphones – we all have our workout essentials. All of us here at Healthy Living London have different sporting interests so each edit will be different. Starting with Amy, a Classpass addict with a preference for classes of circuits, HIIT and strength classes. Here’s her Top 5 things she never goes without…
1. A great gym bag. Ok I know this is supposed to be about what goes in the gym bag… but for me the right gym bag is one of my most important workout essentials! Why do I say this? Well, because I use mine most days, going to and fro from lots of different classes and quiet simply, it is now GROSS! This has meant that I am now lusting after a proper gym bag and this one from Sweaty Betty has a separate compartment for some sweaty kit and/or trainers meaning all your other kit isn’t sitting there getting squished against them all the time! It is also smart to look at so totally office worthy and lastly (and equally importantly) spacious!
Luxe Gym bag – Sweaty Betty £95
2. A trusty baseball cap (or in the winter a cosy beanie) Whether you are dashing home on the tube post workout, or having a quick spruce up and going straight off for brunch, having a hat with me means I can hide my sweaty/un-styled hair and look like a slightly more appealing member of society.
New Era 9FORTY Essential Cap – Topshop £13
3. Training Gloves. Personally I use training gloves for some circuit classes where you are spending a lot of time on your hands doing burpees, press ups and walk-outs…. some of the floors wreck my hands for some reason so I wear training gloves at some places. Live! who have recently launched here in the UK on the Kings Road, have awesome training gloves in lots of beautiful patterns so if the rest of your gym kit is beautiful – there’s no excuse for your gloves not to be too!
Training gloves (various colours) – Live! UK £35
4. A good hairbrush. When gyms are so well stocked these days it’s easy to forget simple things that you need – like a brush… we’ve all been there. So I got one of these compact Tangle Teezer’s that now lives in my bag… these are perfect even on wet hair and the small compact size is space saving as well… days of finger combing and tying my hair back in a tatty bun are no more.
Tangle Teezer Compact Styler (various colours) – Boots £12.49
5. A water bottle. Hydration is essential, simple. I never, ever go to the gym without a bottle of water. A lot of gyms have taps you can fill your own one up with so I keep one permanently in my bag and that way I don’t forget. Oh always look for a leak proof one… nothing more annoying for a soggy gymbag.
Water bottle – Active In Style £14
Leave a Reply