GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE |VEGAN
Do you love chocolate covered rice cakes but think they’re overpriced? Well here’s the news you’ve been waiting for… THEY’RE SO EASY TO MAKE. (When we say ‘make’, we actually mean ASSEMBLE.)
We’ve found that Rude Health’s brown rice cakes work well as they’re thinner than others and feel healthier for you. For the chocolate on top, well, that’s up to you, but we chose to use dairy-free chocolate. We also tried making one slathered with dark chocolate sprinkled with Himalayan salt but a) that got eaten before we could take a photo and b) it’s not the healthiest option we could make.
- 6 rice cakes (7 if you plan on eating one as you go)
- 6 cubes of chocolate / 1/3 of a large bar
- Melt the chocolate. The easiest way is to heat it in the microwave for 50 seconds but if you’re not a fan or you don’t have a microwave, bring a third of a pan of water to boil, put the cubes of chocolate in a heatproof jug and then place the bowl in the pan of water. Make sure the handle of the jug is hooked over the side of the pan so that it’s not resting on the bottom.
- Once the chocolate is melted, spoon the chocolate equally on each rice cake, smoothing with a knife until all are covered in a thin layer.
- Place in the fridge for 5 minutes – because you’ve only got a thin layer of chocolate it cools quickly.