Serves 4 as sides or 2 as mains
Enjoy this warm courgette and quinoa salad as a main or as a side. Made with raw veg and fresh ingredients, it’ll leave you feeling fulfilled and nourished.
Quinoa, a complex protein that’s also rich in iron and manganese, teams perfectly with spinach and added bite of the courgette ‘zoodles’. We’ve added in pomegranate too which is rich in antioxidants and vitamins. Okay, so the feta is a little naughty but it’s better for you than a lot of other cheeses and its fierce saltiness means you don’t need to add too much.
If you also keep pre-cooked quinoa about the house, this is meal that you can rustle in five minutes. Perfect for those evenings when you’re feeling a little lazy and need something quick.
- 2 courgettes
- 1 pomegranate
- 50g feta cheese
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 tbs mixed seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the ends of the courgette and spiralise into a large bowl. If you don’t have such a funky device, a cheese grater works just as well.
- Add in the pomegranate seeds, quinoa and spinach.
- Chop or crumble the feta into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Squeeze over the lime and add a good hearty dash of extra virgin olive oil (you really can’t get enough of this stuff).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.