Serves: 4 | Cook: 2.5 hours | Difficulty: Medium
- 2 packs of Mash Direct Dauphinoise Potatoes
- 1 pack of Mash Direct Red Cabbage & Beetroot
- 2kg leg of lamb
- 2 bunches of asparagus tips
- 20g grated parmesan
- 10g toasted pine nuts
- Drizzle olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the marinade:
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1 small bunch of rosemary
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 60ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Make the marinade the day before and marinate the lamb in the marinade overnight. Remove the leaves from the mint and rosemary and finely chop. Grate the lemon zest and crush the garlic.
- Mix all the ingredients together and season.
- Making small shallow scores all over the lamb leg, rub the marinade all over. Place in a roasting dish, cover, put in the fridge and leave to marinade for 12- 24 hours.
The next day:
- Remove the lamb leg from the fridge and leave at room temp for 1 hour before cooking. Preheat the oven to 220oC.
- Uncover the lamb leg and cook in the preheated over on the high heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 180oC, remove the lamb from the oven and cover with tinfoil. Place back in the oven and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes – 2 hours for medium to well-done.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and place on a chopping board to rest for 20 minutes covered in tin foil.
- While the lamb is resting, turn the oven up to 200oC and cook the Mash Direct Dauphinoise Potatoes as per pack instructions.
- Place the asparagus into a roasting dish and toss in olive oil, parmesan, pine nuts and seasoning. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cook your Mash Direct Red Cabbage & Beetroot in the microwave as per package instruction and heat up your gravy on the stove.
Best served ‘family-style’ on sharing boards.