GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN | SUGAR-FREE
Delicious guilt-free biscuits that take 15 minutes to make from start to finish and 2 seconds to each, thus satisfying your sweet-treat craving in instants.
We experimented with these because Rosie wanted a version that had natural sugars in them. She is pretty fussy like that. I wracked my brain for ages before coming up with the idea of dates. Medjool dates. They’re packed full of sugar and fibre and would add the natural sugar that would make this sweet.
These aren’t the prettiest of biscuits but they’re certainly a lot healthier and taste great.
- 1 cup of milled gluten-free oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs cacao nibs
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- ½ cup of coconut oil.
- ½ cup of dairy-free milk (we used Koko coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 5 juicy Medjool dates
- Heat the oven to 180’.
- Blend together the oats, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, cacao nibs and cacao powder until mixed well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients until a ‘dough’ is formed. Leave for 10 minutes to settle, ideally in the fridge.
- On a greaseproof-papered tray, lightly lined with coconut oil to stop them sticking, roughly spoon out a tablespoon /tablespoon and a half of mixture for each biscuit. This was less liquidy than the other ones and we had to pat them down into round shapes.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes and then leave to cool. These should have risen slightly and ‘give’ when you poke the top with your finger.
- Eat as an on-the-go treat or with your favourite TV programme.