GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE
Sauces in jars can make or break a meal. But you have to choose the right one. In this Vietnamese Curry Vermicelli Stir Fry, we’ve used a sauce from Red Chilli Kitchen – with strong flavours, a little goes a long way. You can use this sauce as a marinade or in liquid curries but here we chose to whip up a stir-fry – this is a recipe for busy Londoners!
We used brown vermicelli for this meal but any kind of white rice noodles works. You can also leave out the noodles and include more veg for a less carby meal. The good thing about this sauce, is that it almost doesn’t matter what you use it in – it will taste delicious either way.
- 200g vermicelli (if you can, find brown vermicelli)
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Kitchen Vietnamese Curry Sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 500g turkey mince
- Coconut oil for frying
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Chop the onion into small pieces. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and heat the onion until browned.
- Add the turkey mince and cook for 10 minutes, stirring as you go. If the pan gets too dry, add a splash of water.
- Stir in the Vietnamese Curry Sauce thoroughly.
- Add in the pepper and heat for 5 minutes.
- Whilst this is heating, cook the vermicelli; put them into a saucepan of simmering water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Add the noodles to the frying pan, making sure everything is stirred in.
- Lastly, add in the spinach which will naturally wilt.
- Serve immediately either on its own or with a side of veg.
See what we say about Red Chilli Kitchen’s Vietnamese Curry Sauce in our Tried & Tested Review.
Leave a Reply