The RiutBag R25 is one of these rare finds that has quickly become my go-to item when I travel. Finding well thought out and useful things that actually makes life easier is wonderful. The R25, designed with both security and comfort in mind, is great for travelling. The smart design, both in looks and practicability, is perfect as cabin-sized carry-on, or as a weekend travel bag.
The RiutBag R25 is designed with the user in mind:
- Internal zip compartments mean for easy storage and a less cluttered bag.
- There are no accessible zips on show when the bag is being worn, which means your belongings are safe and out of reach to any opportunist.
- The bag is thickly padded, so nothing is poking into your back.
- The shoulder straps are padded and thick for comfort and for better weight distribution… so kinder to your back when worn with both straps and chest straps and not off one shoulder.
- There are side pockets for your water bottle.
- Waterproof thermoplastic polyurethane base, so you don’t have to worry if you put your bag on a wet floor. The bag itself is a strong nylon, Cordura and is waterproof and easy to clean.
I am a self-confessed ‘over-packer’. I always take too much stuff with me when I go abroad as I am indecisive and can’t seem to make a decision about what I actually need! The great thing about the RiutBag R25 is that I can fit in quite a lot, but that it can also be organised. The internal zipped compartments keeps my things tidy and not cluttered together. I can easily find things as they have a place. I especially love the zipped D pocket, which can be accessed by yourself when the bag is on your back. It sits on the small of your back and can hold your phone and wallet for easy access for you only.
As the bag opens from the back, meaning you have to take it off to open the bag, I feel more confident when travelling that ‘Fagin’ isn’t trying to steal anything. Or if he is, he isn’t having any luck!
“Riut, pronounced ‘riot’, stands for Revolution in user thinking. It’s my design philosophy which revolves all thinking around you, the user. It describes your RiutBag: revolved, so the openings face you. It’s the impact I hope the RiutBag has on your thinking, giving you peace of mind in urban travel.” Sarah Giblin, RiutBag creator.
The thick padding provides a barrier between your back and your belongings. It is comfy and keeps your laptop/ipad/camera etc… safely stored without poking into you. The convenient external slots on the side of the bag, for your water bottle, means less risk of spilling water on your things.
The sturdy handles on the top and underside of the bag allows for items to be tied to or wedged into! The RiutBands, used as reflectors, are also useful to clip lightweight things onto the bag.
The RiutBag R25 is my ideal carry-on; secure, smart and simple.
Riut also have smaller laptop backpack bags, ideal for city commuters. Plus, they have handy collapsible bags that are so useful for camping and hiking. Check out their full range here.
How Much: £129.00
Where To Buy: Check out the Riut website for the range of sizes and colours available.
*Health Advice: Use both the shoulder straps as it distributes the weight.. it’s better for your back.