Throughout the year I obsess over foodie magazines, Instagram posts and cookbooks. I get all in a flummox with so many ideas swirling around my head. To deal with this I have a gazillion notebooks lying around, each dotted with little things that take my fancy. Recipe ideas, cookbooks that sound that little bit different, crazy foods and kitchen gadgets. Christmas is a time where I mull over these notebooks and write what I like to think of as a ‘dream list’. I don’t actually expect to receive any of these things but it allows me to prioritise what I’d like to save for the next coming year and actually sort out that year’s worth of note taking! So here we go…. My ultimate foodie Christmas wish list for 2020. You never know, something might take YOUR fancy, or give you inspiration for that ‘hard to buy for’ person.
- THERMOMIX TM6: Wow! Every chef’s dream piece of kit! Performs 20 features from sous vide, fermentation to caramelisation, high speed blending and steaming. If it wasn’t for the hefty price tag, I would have treated myself years ago! Swoon…
Around £1099.00 www.vorwerk.co.uk
- NINJA FOODIMAX MULTICOOKER: Pressure cooks, air crisps, dehydrates. you name it, it does it…. In minutes! Great all in one piece of kit for busy lives that demand nutritious, home cooked food.
£ 229.99 www.ninjakitchen.eu
- THERMAPEN PROFESSIONAL: Vital to ensure perfectly cooked xmas meats, sugars heated to the precise right temperatures and succulent BBQs galore.
- MIDNIGHT CHICKEN & OTHER RECIPES, ELLA RISBRIDGER: Written by someone for whom the world just became too much, food became her salvation. This couldn’t resonate more. Sounds amazing.
- EAST, MEERA SODHA: Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes from Bangalore to Beijing. For someone who loves both veggies and spice, this couldn’t be more perfect.
- CHAI, CHAAT & CHUTNY, CHETNA MAKAN: A street food journey through India. Spicy, crunchy, Indian snacks….in your own home…. yes please!
- ARAN, FLORA SHEDDEN: The youngest finalist in GBBO brings Recipes and Stories from a Bakery in the heart of Scotland. Coming from an all Scottish family, what could be more apt?
- 12 BAKES OF CHRISTMAS EBOOK, JOHN WHAITE: Indulgent, festive recipes, with all proceeds going to Homeless LBGTQ+ community.
Price To Be Confirmed www.johnwaite.com
- THE VELVETISER, COPPER EDITION, HOTEL CHOCOLAT: Barista Grade hot chocolate, velvetised at the touch of a button, in a beautiful copper pot, in your own kitchen…ummmmmm yesssssss!
- WASABI GROWERS SESAME OIL & YUZU JUICE: Two things I’m constantly using and running out of.
- STEENBERGS VANILLA EXTRACT 1 LITRE: The flavour in this is not diluted with alcohols or fake essence. Really shines in homemade baking. This mega size should see me through a few cakes!
- WASABI VODKA, EDMOND BRIOTETT LIQUEUR DI LITCHI, ROSE VERMOUTH: To make those Christmas party drinks really stand out. Lychee Martini anyone?
- PIGNOLETTO SPARKLING WINE: Made from the Grechetto Gentile Grape, it’s the perfect rival to a party Prosecco
£9.99 Waitrose & Partners
- THE REAL KOMBUCHA COMPANY KOMBUCHA: I’ve tried so many Kombuchas, and always come back to this all natural, non-fussy favourite.
- FALCON FORGE HAND MADE CHEFS KNIFE: As a self-confessed knife addict, these works of art are just stunning. Forged from a single piece of metal to your bespoke requirements, these are any chefs dream.
- NORDIC WARE BUNDT TIN: For show stopping bakes with less fuss, these tins are pricey for a reason…. They work!
- NOMLIVING FLUTED FOREST DINNERWARE: Stunning natural pieces to grace any table.
From £20.00 www.nomliving.com
- PUMP STREET CHOCOLATE: Toasted sourdough crumbs…in rich milk chocolate…. Droooooool.
From £6.25 www.pumpstreetchocolate.com
- DINNER AT L’ENCLUME, MIDSUMMER HOUSE, ANNE SOPHIE PIC LONDON: Have been on my list since dot. If anyone wants to take me?
Gift Vouchers Available.
- GREEN PAN COOKWARE: Trusted non toxic brand of cookware. Requires less oil when cooking yielding healthier results.
From £30.00 www.amazon.co.uk
Got any suggestions for Christmas presents for a foodie? Would love to be inspired by your recommendations!
Leave a Reply