Since I was a child, ginger has always been a common ingredient that we use in our kitchen. I love fresh ginger added to a smoothie or curry and I have a weakness for gingerbread cake and cookies. My favourite drink is a refreshing glass of ginger ale! I have always been a fan of ginger; it’s so versatile and it’s packed with nutritional benefits too. I love finding ingredients that are delicious and are good for you. When asked to try Fighter Shots, a selection of all-natural ginger based drinks, I of course signed up immediately.
What are Fighter Shots?
Fighter Shots is an all-natural drinks brand that specialises in ginger based drinks. Their ingredients are natural and packed with nutritional benefits, plus, their bottles are made of recyclable glass.
The original Ginger shot –
Ingredients: cold pressed ginger root (35%), cold pressed lemon (30%), honey (15%), filtered water
Nutritional values per 100g: Energy 254 kJ (60 kcal), Fat 0.3g, of which saturates 0.1g, Carbohydrates 18g,of which sugar 14g, Protein 0.8g, Salt 0.02g
Why choose Fighter Shots?
Fighter Shots are delicious and are packed with natural nutritional benefits. Ginger is great for reducing inflammations, has digestive powers, helps with nausea, boosts immunity… The shots pack a punch and can make you feel energised.
Tell me more about the health benefits…
As mentioned, ginger has been researched and studied over the years and has been proven to have nutritional benefits.
- Ginger supports immunity – (The fresh root may even have antiviral effects which is very important, especially now).
- Ginger is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and a source of antioxidants. Studies even suggest that it can help ease severe inflammation associated with arthritis.
- Medicinal purposes – Like honey, using ginger as a soothing application to your skin can stimulate circulation and soothe burns.
- Ginger root may help to reduce the symptoms associated with motion sickness, such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting and cold sweats. (I often carry ginger sweets with me when I go sailing, should the weather rock the boat!)
- Ginger helps the digestive system – ginger promotes the elimination of excess gas from the digestive system and is known to soothe the intestinal tract.
- Ginger helps the heart – ginger may help manage cholesterol levels, reduce damage to the arteries and lower high blood pressure, all of which benefits the heart and cardiovascular system.
- The soothing effects of ginger can help women with period pain – enough said, it’s a miracle herb!
Why do I like them?
- They taste good (Several different flavours with targeted additional benefits to choose from).
- All-natural ingredients.
- They are good for you – did I mention the health benefits?!
- The bottles are recyclable (or can be reused i.e. as a vase – I put small flowers in mine).
- The bottles are the perfect portion size and great for grab-and-go.
I love the straight-up Ginger. It’s fiery and punchy, but drinkable. I have had ginger shots before that burn the whole way down and are not that pleasant to drink. Fighter Shots have the perfect ingredient ratio; a shot of healthy ginger packed with fiery goodness. I found the beetroot flavour a little too bitter for me, but I do have a sweet tooth, so the Manuka Honey flavour is next on my list to try.
If I lacked energy, felt tired or uninspired, a Fighter Shot would give me the boost that I needed.
These immunity boosting shots support a healthy body, which is even more important during a pandemic.
Find Out More:
Ginger, Ginger & Tumeric, Ginger & Collagen, Ginger & Beetroot, Ginger & Manuka Honey
Prices start at £15.00 for a pack of 6 Ginger shots. See their range here.
Order at https://fightershots.co.uk and get 15% off with code: stayhealthy15
Have you tried ginger shots before? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
*Health Advice: If you’re unsure or concerned whether it is safe for you to consume ginger, consult your GP for guidance. Pregnant women should talk to their doctor before consuming ginger as studies suggest it may be harmful in excess.