Who doesn’t love hot dogs cooked on the BBQ? Enjoy these plant-based beauties and mix and match your toppings depending on your mood. Go for the classic, Mexican or BBQ veg – they’re all delicious and easy to make.
Serves 6 (Makes 2 of each)
Prep time: 20 minutes each
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 6 Moving Mountains Hot Dogs
- 6 Hot Dog Bread Buns
The Classic – pickles, tomato and mustard:
- 1 pickled cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped or diced
The Mexican – Jalapenos & Charred Corn:
- 2 tbsp jalapeno (from jar), roughly chopped
- 1 sweet corn (cook on BBQ)
- ½ baby gem lettuce sliced
The BBQ Vegetable – Sour Cream and Spring Onions:
- Courgettes, sweet peppers and red onion
- BBQ them with your hot dogs, then roughly chop
- Vegan sour cream – 1 tbsp olive oil and 1tbsp vegan sour cream
- 1 spring onion sliced
- First, cook the Moving Mountains Hot Dogs – following the instructions on the packet. While the Hot Dogs simmer, add your sweetcorn and roasted vegetables to your BBQ or grill with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once warmed through add your Moving Mountains Hot Dogs to the BBQ grill to get that chargrilled Smokey flavour.
- Lightly toast your Hot Dog buns in a dry pan. Now assemble your Hot Dogs!
- The Classic – Top with all of your prepared ingredients then finish with your mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper
- The Mexican – Slice your corn off the cob and mix with your lettuce and jalapenos. Load up your Hot Dog then finish with a drizzle of ketchup
- The BBQ Vegetable – Top your Hot Dog with the roughly chopped BBQ vegetables. Then load it up with some dollops of vegan sour cream and spring onions
- Mix and match, or pick your favourite when it comes to Moving Mountains Hot Dog toppings, there is no wrong answer!
Looking for a BBQ burger recipe with a difference? Try this Asian slaw recipe.