This berries and cream breakfast jar recipe is just perfect for sunshine-filled summer mornings. For anyone who loves pudding for breakfast, this will have you seriously jumping out of bed! Gluten-free and dairy-free, you can make this with any fruit (perhaps you’ll enjoy a Wimbledon-themed strawberries and cream breakfast? Or a taste of the tropical, with mango or pineapple?) that takes your fancy. For this particular recipe, we’ve gone for the goodness of berries as they’re not too sweet.
We’ve specifically used frozen fruit for this as it gives it a beautiful texture and makes it more refreshing but if you don’t have time, fresh fruit can work just as well.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Frozen berries
- A few hours before you want to make this, put a can of coconut milk in the fridge.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, nut milk, vanilla essence and chia seeds. Leave them to soak for 30 minutes.
- Open the can of coconut milk. You’ll have found all the creamy goodness will have risen to the top. Scoop out a tablespoon and add this to the oat mix, blending well.
- Your creamy oat mix is ready! Either use it straight away, layering and topping with berries, or keep it in a jar in the fridge for up to 3 days until you’re ready to eat.
Leave a Reply