These fresh and tangy flavourful no chicken nuggets offer a delightful twist on the classic comfort food, all while remaining completely vegetarian. This is a recipe which totally turns the traditional idea of nuggets on its head. We bet you’ve never had nuggets quite like this but get ready to add it to your list of
Crispy Orange-Glazed No Chicken Nuggets
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1 Pack Moving Mountains No Chicken Nuggets
- 3 oranges, juice of all (approx. 180ml) and zest of 2
- 50ml water, plus 1tbsp
- 30ml soy
- 30ml rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed.
- 30g light soft brown sugar
- 1 1/2tbsp cornflour
- 1tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion, sliced.
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- First, start to cook your Moving Mountains No Chicken Nuggets, following the on-pack instructions.
- Whilst the No Chicken Nuggets cook, combine the orange juice, zest, water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Mix the cornflour with 1tbsp water and then whisk into the orange sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the temperature slightly then continue to cook, until thickened (coating consistency).
- Once your nuggets are cooked, add carefully to the pan and coat in the sauce.
- Serve over rice or with a citrus quinoa salad, with a side of green veg. To finish scatter with spring onion, sesame seeds and chilli.
Looking for more delicious vegan recipes? Try this cheesy jalapeno hotdog recipe!