Delight the kids with these cute Halloween mice and spiders for dinner – you can also get the children involved in making them. They’re the tastiest creepy crawlies ever!
Serves 6 | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 pack Mash Direct Potato Croquettes
- 1 pack of Mash Direct Potato Rosti
- 1 courgette
- A handful of olives
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 carrot
- Cook the Mash Direct Potato Croquettes according to pack instructions.
- Peel a carrot and chop into sections about 0.5cm thick.
- Using a knife, cut two slits on either side of the croquette. Take two pieces of carrot and insert to become the ears.
- Cut an olive in half and use as the eyes.
- Use thinly sliced or spiralised courgette as the tail.
- Cook the Mash Direct Potato Rosti according to pack instructions.
- Cut and deseed the red and yellow peppers. Cut eight slices from the red pepper as spider legs.
- Cut an olive in half and use as the eyes, and use yellow pepper slices for fangs.
You can even serve them up with a splash of ketchup for blood! Ghastly!
Looking for something taste to go with your Halloween Mice and Spiders for dinner? Try this spooky root veg soup!