Do you fancy a quick yet healthy punch to start your springs day? My healthy basil and chilli soup is sure to leave you fresh yet warmly comforted.
The best part? It’s super speedy to make and who doesn’t like that? As Londoners we can all appreciate the value of time and I hope you try this soup for yourself to see how delicious and satisfying it can be.
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes/powder
- Full seasoning*
- 2 leeks, washed and roughy chopped
- 1 sweet potato, washed, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil/ olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- Simply heat your oil in a deep pan over medium high and soften all of your vegetables.
- Season throughly and cover for a further ten minutes.
- Finally, add your water and once it comes to a boil, add your basil last and blitz your soup to the desired consistency. I like mine smooth as the basil has a much sharper and cleaner taste.
My fellow healthy and happy eaters, enjoy this soup and I hope my first post for this excellent site finds you in good spirits? Go healthy London!
*Full seasoning is a generous pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt and black pepper.