GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE
Ooh, quinoa porridge with honey, you say? Yes, we do. It’s high in protein and fills you up. Yum. Great for those with a sweet tooth.
Bored of your normal porridge? Want something different that’s also high in protein? Try quinoa porridge. It’s nutty-tasting and goes well with either savoury or sweet toppings. We especially love it with raw honey.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp seed sprinkle
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the quinoa and almond milk in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Bring to a simmer and stir frequently for 12 minutes.
- When the quinoa ‘tails’ start to break away, you know you’re nearly done! If you need to add more liquid do, add either more almond milk or water.
- Once the ‘tails’ start showing, add in the vanilla essence. Make sure you taste as you go – it should have ‘bite’ yet not be crunchy.
- Spoon your porridge into a bowl, add the pinch of salt, drizzle on the honey and sprinkle on the seeds.
- You’re ready to go! Serve with green tea or a cup of hot water with honey, lemon and ginger in.