GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE
An unusual twist on two breakfast staples but which nonetheless work perfectly well. The egg adds an element of decadence whilst the quinoa provides a tasty base.
A super-simple breakfast meal that’s great if you’re following a high protein lifestyle. Its two main ingredients are quinoa and a poached egg – and the runnyness of the egg really adds a creamy texture to the porridge which makes it ever so moreish.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Mix the quinoa and almond milk in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Bring to a simmer and stir frequently for 12 minutes.
- When the quinoa ‘tails’ start to break away, you know you’re nearly done! If you need to add more liquid do, add either more almond milk or water.
- At this time, poach your egg. Use an egg poacher or take a look here for instructions if you don’t have one.
- By the time your egg is done, your quinoa should have finished cooking. Perfect timing!
- Spoon the quinoa onto a plate, sprinkle the salt over it and add the egg.
- Finish with black pepper.