GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN
This raw chocolate truffles recipe makes a fantastic treat for Valentine’s Day, or any special occasion. They’re made with all-natural ingredients and are free from dairy, gluten and refined sugars. Plus, they’re easy to make and don’t require any cooking whatsoever.
Raw cacao is a superfood, containing essential antioxidants and minerals with proven health benefits. I particularly like the brand Choc Chick, which can be found in most good health food stores or online. I like to make a batch and keep them in the freezer for special occasions and those moments when I need a chocolatey boost. Enjoy them with a warming cup of Pukka Herbs organic love tea.
Raw Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Base Ganache (Olive oil OR Coconut oil)
- 200g Raw Cacao Mass
- 80g Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil/Coconut Oil
- 50g Brown Rice Syrup
- 50g Apple Syrup
- Peppermint oil (add in a few drops only)
- Passionfruit puree (1-2 tsp)
- Crushed pineapple (1-2 tsp)
- Yuzu juice
- Dried apricot, finely diced
- Dessiccated coconut
- Sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Crushed hazelnuts
- Matcha powder
- For the base ganache, combine all ingredients in a bain-marie. If you don’t have one, you can rest a heatproof bowl or jug (we’ve found a pyrex jug works well), over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir constantly to emulsify.
- When just emulsified, remove from heat, leave to cool.
- To add flavours, ensure that all flavours are of the same temperature as the ganache.
- Thoroughly combine and leave to set in fridge.
- Once set, scoop balls with a mini ice cream scoop or spoon and roll in desired topping.
- Leave to firm up in fridge.
To note: Even though this doesn’t contain any refined sugar, natural sugar is still a form of sugar do don’t go overboard!