A quick and easy-to-make show stopper for the festive period, this Christmas tree recipe brings all the warm flavours to a meal with friends or family. Enjoy as a starter, or as nibbles before your feast begins!
Tear apart Christmas Tree Recipe
- Preparation time – 10 minutes
- Baking time – 25 minutes
- You will need a large, flat, nonstick baking tray
- 1 x packet Mash Direct Red Cabbage and Beetroot
- 1 red apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1 x 375g packet puff pastry (2 sheets, ready rolled)
- A little flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, whisked
For the topping:
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 50g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tub of shop bought Moroccan style humus
- Preheat oven 200oC (Fan 180oC) Gas mark 6
- Lay 1 sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured baking tray.
- Arrange the red cabbage and grated apple onto the pastry (in a large triangular shape).Sprinkle with Moroccan seasoning. Egg wash the edges.
- Place the second pastry sheet on top and press to seal.
- Cut into a large triangular shape to create a Christmas tree shape. Now, start at the top and cut into the triangle at 2 inch intervals, on both sides.
- Cut further into the tree as you work your way down to the bottom. Remove 2 strips of pastry at the bottom of the tree, creating a trunk in the centre.
- Twist each piece of pastry and brush with egg wash.
- Place the baking tray into a hot oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, Feta cheese, coriander and drizzle with honey. Serve with humus.
Leave a Reply