We’ve been trying out The Groovy Food Company’s Date Syrup recently, and have slowly been making our way through some of their products. They have one of the most varied ranges of agave nectar we’ve ever come across!
For National Baking Week (14th – 20th October 2021), we’ve been experimenting with lots of different recipes and have been lucky enough to share this one with you.
These millionaires shortbread use coconut flour for the base, and best of all, it’s vegan. A recipe we’ll be pulling out at the next Veganuary, no doubt! They’re decadent, are easy to make and don’t require many ingredients.
- 90g The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Nectar – Light Amber & Mild
- 60g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Oil
- 200g The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 250g Biscoff Biscuit Spread
- 150g Dark Vegan Chocolate
- 2 Lotus Biscuits (crumbled)
1. Combine the Coconut Flour, Coconut Oil and Agave Nectar in a large bowl, until a rough dough is formed.
2. Line square baking tin with greaseproof paper
3. Tip the dough mixture into baking tin, pressing evenly with the back of a spoon.
4. Put in freezer
5. Next, weigh out your Biscoff Spread and melt over low heat in a small saucepan.
6. Remove your baking tin with the biscuit base out of the freezer and pour on the melted Biscoff Spread. Put back in the freezer.
7. Melt chocolate in a small pan over a low heat stirring constantly. Once melted let it cool slightly
8. Take baking tin out of freezer and pour melted chocolate over it spreading evenly
9. Crumble lotus biscoff biscuits over the chocolate and press in gently
10. Pop the tin in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Remove from freezer and slice up ready to serve.
They should last a week stored in an airtight container (ha! If they last more than a day, it’ll be surprising!)
You can purchase all The Groovy Food Company products from groovyfood.co.uk and from all good supermarkets.