During November Pukka Herbs launched a new campaign called Sleep with Ease. With so much uncertainty in the world, now more than ever we need to look after our wellbeing. Sleep is a huge part of this, and assists with boosting your body and mind.
How much sleep do you get and need?
I am lucky to be someone who doesn’t struggle with sleep, but I do need a solid 8 hours.
The NHS provides guidance on some things you can do to help get a good night’s sleep. This includes:
- regular sleep patterns in a restful environment
- comfortable bed
- regular exercise
- cutting down on caffeine and overindulging on other things such as alcohol
- no smoking
- relaxing before bed
About Pukka Herbs
Pukka Herbs are the largest UK tea company. In addition to their many products they also have resources on their website relating to sleep. You can read more about the Sleep with Ease campaign they are currently running here. This focuses on how to achieve good quality sleep in a natural and herbal way.
Here are some things I find help me:
- I often train in the evening and find I need time to unwind before I go to bed
- less screen time before bed – I am sure we are all guilty of getting in bed because we are tired and then sitting on phones checking social media
- hot bath/shower for me is always relaxing (not just before bed either!)
- I am an early bird so tend to have a routine where I am in bed by 10pm (I know most people will gasp at this time being too early) but this is because I regularly wake at 6am to exercise in the morning. It is also surprising how your body will get used to the routine very quickly.
Could herbal tea help?
Pukka Herbs have many products in their range that could also help including:
- after dinner – soothes digestion and could be used instead of coffee that could interrupt a sleep routine
- three chamomile, relax and love – both are blends including chamomile which can help with sleep and relaxation
- peace – natural CBD oils to help with worry and stress
- night time – ‘the perfect cup before bedtime’
If, like me, you are a tea fan, then I would recommend adding one of the above to your routine. They are all organic, caffeine free, vegan, and made with plastic free tea bags.
Find out more
Pukka have lots of information on their website to help you get a better night’s sleep, including guided meditation, which you can find here.
You can also sign up to join the Pukka Collective and sign up to receive emails with wellbeing tips and receive a sample pack of teabags to try.