ALCOHOL-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | GLUTEN-FREE | VEGAN
Want to indulge this Christmas without the boozy hangover? Susie, aka Gourmet Glow, has put together this delicious virgin vegan egg nog recipe. Unlike traditional egg nog, drunk at Thanksgiving and Christmas, this version relies on spices and a blender for that heady, fragrant hit.
Best used with a powerful blender (the more fluffy, the better), it’s a simple recipe that can be made in a few minutes and either enjoyed hot or cold. Filled with rich spices and citrus, it’ll warm you through even on the coldest of days. It also uses natural sugars, which you can leave out for an extra pure drink.
Best way to drink our vegan egg nog? With mince pies of course!
Raise a toast and drink to a healthy, delicious Christmas!
Virgin Vegan Egg Nog Recipe
- 1 litre nut milk ( I prefer almond)
- 1tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1tbsp clementine juice
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2tbsp maple syrup/ coconut palm sugar
- Blend all ingredients for 2 minutes until dissolved and very smooth.
- Pass through a fine sieve and chill in fridge.
- Serve cold with ice or warm in a pan with some extra clementine slices.
Leave a Reply