This berries and cream breakfast jar recipe is just perfect for sunshine-filled summer mornings. For anyone who loves pudding for breakfast, this will have you seriously jumping out of bed! Gluten-free and dairy-free, you can make this with any fruit (perhaps you’ll enjoy a Wimbledon-themed strawberries and cream breakfast? Or a taste of the tropical, with mango or pineapple?) that takes your fancy. For this particular recipe, we’ve gone for the goodness of berries as they’re not too sweet.
We’ve specifically used frozen fruit for this as it gives it a beautiful texture and makes it more refreshing but if you don’t have time, fresh fruit can work just as well.
- 3/4 cup of frozen berries (we used blackcurrants and raspberries)
- 3/4 cup of gluten-free oats
- 1 1/2 cup of Rude Health Ultimate Almond (use just over 1 cup if you're using normal almond milk)
- 2 tbsp Cherry Active
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Mix the oats and chia seeds in a bowl and soak for 10 minutes in the almond milk.
- Once 10 minutes is up, stir the Cherry Active into the oats.
- Blend the berries (or other fruit) together. Depending on the type of fruit used, some will blend into crunchy crystals and others into a smooth sorbet-like 'spread'.
- Layer the oats, then berries, then oats then berries in a jar.
- Eat immediately!