Amy from Healthy Living London has been trying out Classpass for the past few months and checking out all the West London gyms where she lives. There is so much choice on Classpass so if you are not sure what to try first or in an exercise rut it may be worth checking some of these out! Here are Amy’s Top 5 West London fitness classes, thoroughly tried and tested!
I’ve been loving being on Classpass so much, not only do you never get bored but you get to mix up your workout which is great for your body. Quite a few people have asked what I think about Classpass – I really think it depends upon the area you want to work out. I recommend doing some research first – see if there are a number of gyms around that you would want to go to… you can only attend each 3 times in one month so if you like to workout regularly you need to have a good number to choose from. For me, I am totally spoilt with lots of awesome gyms nearby so it works really well for me. If you are in a similar situation I would definitely recommend joining up and giving it a go.
These are my top 5 for the ‘West’ London category. (Please note this doesn’t include South-west/north-west etc before anyone gets offended and also I will do separate post for yoga studios)
In alphabetical order….
- Box Clever Sports – brilliant boxing gym, has the perfect balance of being authentic but not too grim which many boxing places can be. Trainers are really nice and friendly and the workouts will make you sweat, sweat, sweat! The classes are mostly circuit based but there are ones that focus on boxing techniques too. Love it! www.boxcleversports.com
- Core Collective – swanky new super gym on the scene. It has 5 different classes (at time of writing – I’ve noticed on instagram hints of another to be added soon…) so at the moment classes are: Velocity (circuits), Accelerate (spinning), Resistance (TRX), Power Yoga and Mat Pilates. They are all very different but the one consistency is that you will work very, very hard in every single one. My favourite is definitely Velocity with Dominic Felix – his classes are utterly excellent. www.core-collective.co.uk
- DKPT – this is my gem discovery as I hadn’t come across it before I was on Classpass! A PT gym primarily but introducing classes for TRX and HIIT. One of the loveliest spaces I’ve been in with an incredibly welcoming team. David the head trainer and founder runs the classes with exceptional attention to detail ensuring you get the maximum benefit from your class. I did the TRXplore which is the ‘beginners’ class but don’t let that fool you – it’s still tough! There’s an advanced class too for those of you braver than I am! You will leave DKPT in no doubt that you’ve had a great workout and that you will want to return again very soon! www.dkpt.co.uk
- FORM Studios – So unique – classes are based around the MOTR which is a gadget with a roller and pullies – a bit like a reformer machine…but not. It is so much more! Conditioning and cardio and they have a killer 8 minute HIRT finisher at the end of their signature METcore class which will make you feel amazing afterwards! I have had classes with Elissa and Imogen (in picture below), both of whom are not only brilliant trainers but lovely people and I recommend wholeheartedly. See here for my Tried & Tested review of FORM Studios. www.formstudios.co.uk
- Gymclass – Founded by Helle Hammonds formerly of Barry’s Bootcamp so you know this is not going to be a stroll in the park! You will work hard. Like really hard, but you will prob enjoy doing so! Every class is different and separated into different body groups like glutes and legs or upper and abs. If you can get into Helle’s usually booked out classes do it, she is one of the warmest, nicest people and her classes are just flawless. All the trainers I’ve had there are great though, I’ve enjoyed every single class I’ve been to so you cant go wrong! See here for my Tried & Tested review of Gymclass. www.gym-class.co.uk
Find out more: www.classpass.com
Thanks for these, always good to read about how other classpass-ers are exploring and finding new good spots! I’m more SW so my go-to studios are Paola’s BB, Absolute Studios, Bootcamp Pilates, Transition Zone, Ride Republic and Hot Spot Yoga. Such a good mix! and they just keep adding more so you never get bored 🙂 x
Hi Amy – thank you for the tips on sw studios- I’m planning to try to cover a bit more of SW and NW london for another Top 5 blog post so I will make sure to check out those places! Thank you for your message! Glad you are loving Classpass too! x