Give your BBQ an exotic makeover with these quick and easy Moroccan lamb kebabs. Mash Direct‘s Chilli Baby Bakes help add the spice and flavour for a showstopper plate.
Time: 25 – 30 minutes
- 1 packet of Mash Direct Chilli Baby Bakes
- 2-3 lb boneless leg of lamb – cut into 1.5” cubes
- For the rub:
- 2 teaspoons hot chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce:
- 475g Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 125ml fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 2 medium garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Add the rub spices to a bowl and mix.
- Lightly brush the lamb with the extra virgin olive oil, and then sprinkle evenly with the rub.
- Thread the lamb and Chilli Baby Bakes onto separate kebab sticks, about 4 pieces of lamb or 4 Chilli Baby Bakes per stick.
- Heat the BBQ while the lamb stands at room temperature. Prepare the grill for two-zone cooking.
- While the BBQ is warming, make the sauce: place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. Set to the side until ready to eat.
- Place the lamb kebabs over a direct, medium – high heat (about 200 – 230 degrees) with the lid closed. Cook for about 8-10 minutes for medium, turning occasionally.
- Once they are cooked to the desired level (medium or well done), remove from the heat and rest for a few minutes.
- Place the Chilli Baby Bakes kebabs over an indirect heat on the BBQ and cook until heated through and crisp on the outside (ensuring the potatoes are piping hot).
- Drizzle the sauce over the kebabs and serve.
Want more easy BBQ recipes? Why not try these Halloumi tacos or Crispy Veggie Burger?
Leave a Reply