GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN | EGG-FREE
Homemade chocolate mousse that is also healthier than those cream-laden ones yet tastes as good, if not better? Oh yes. Read on for the recipe.
If you love rich creamy desserts yet are conscious of what you put into your body, this healthier chocolate mousse recipe is for you. Using the creaminess of avocado (you heard right, avocado!), with the richness of the cacao powder and the nuttiness of the almond butter it’s a delectable combination that would go down well at any dinner party or as an after-dinner indulgence.
Best of all, it’s great for those with allergies and if you’re allergic to nuts, you can just leave out the nut butter – it’ll still taste delicious.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, stevia or raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 4 pinches of desiccated coconut for decoration
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl, excluding the desiccated coconut and blend together until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into four ramekins.
- Add a pinch of desiccated coconut to each.
- Refrigerate and served chilled. If you can wait!
This recipe originally featured on the Wedding Magazine website and was reproduced with permission.