HOT OFF THE PRESS// The Chameleon – The Colour Changing Stainless Steel Bottle by Root7 is on Kickstarter and only has a short time remaining for you to back this brilliant bottle and get one of your own. For those that may not know, Kickstarter is an online funding platform. Buying from Kickstarter is as simple as any other online purchase, except buying from Kickstarter means you are supporting new, creative projects. Plus, if you make a pledge that comes with a gift, (in this case, a chameleon bottle) you are amongst the first to own the product… and you are often paying less than what the product will cost, once the product hits the shelves… bargain!
What Is The Chameleon – The Colour Changing Stainless Steel Bottle by Root7?
The Chameleon – The Colour Changing Stainless Steel Bottle by Root7 was designed and created by a group of passionate friends in Wimbledon, earlier this year. As our world is literally filling up with plastic, with over 38 billion bottles sent to landfill every year (Oh my word, what!), Root7 wanted to create a reusable bottle that would inspire us to ditch single use bottles. Their aim was to create a water bottle that was fun, that children would love, as well as adults too!
- Stainless steel bottles, with thermochromic paint that changes colour when cold water is added.
- 600ml bottles, that are slim fit, ideal for on-the-go.
- The slim design means the bottles fit in your car’s cup holders.
- The lid is spill proof and has a handy silicone strap making the bottle easy to carry.
- Each pledge comes with a sun jacket that is made from tear resistant silicone. (As someone who recently dropped her old water bottle, and dented the bottom so it’s now wonky, I think the silicone sun jacket is a fab idea.)
The team behind Root7 are transparant, keeping their backers informed and up-to-date on all things Chameleon related.
Find Out More:
How Much? The pledge for a Chameleon – The Colour Changing Stainless Steel Bottle by Root7 costs from only £11. But, there are only a certain amount available at this reduced price… so be quick! They’ll cost double once they hit the shelves.
The bottle is designed for cold water, which activates the colour change. The stainless steel design means that hot water would be hot to the touch. However, if this project takes off, maybe they’ll also create a hot bottle that changes colour with heat…