GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE | VEGAN
Serves 2 relatively ungreedy people
We called these ‘Nibble Nibble’ Apple and Cinnamon Crisps because you just can’t stop nibbling at them. Leave them in the middle of a table and we bet they’re gone before you can say ‘nibble nibble’ five times. Easy to make, tasty and cheap, this is a staple for your favourite recipes list!
Got a sweet tooth yet don’t want to reach for that bar of chocolate? Perhaps you want something light to snack on whilst you watch TV. Or you maybe going to a picnic and don’t want to carry anything too heavy or that would spoil. Apple and Cinnamon crisps are so easy to make, is surprises us there aren’t more people doing it.
Apples naturally contain a lot of sugar so you don’t even need to add any and they seem to sweeten up as they cook. The cinnamon add a wonderfully spiced flavour that melds to the sweetness.
WARNING: Highly Addictive
- 2 ripe, juicy apples (the sweeter the better)
- Powdered cinamon (about 2 tsp)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Turn on the oven at 150’C.
- Slice the apples from top to bottom as finely as possible with a sharp knife. Don’t worry if they come out a bit lopsided – it’s less about how they look and more how they taste.
- Grease a baking tray with coconut oil
- Lay the apples on the tray. We found that if we propped them up a bit they dried better – so if you can, rest them against the sides of the tray.
- Powder lightly with cinnamon powder.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 3 hours. This varies greatly depending on how thinly you’ve sliced your apples so check on them every hour, turning them over each time. At one stage they will go mushy and look like baked apple slices but don’t worry, this is normal!