Healthy Living London was invited to Shake into Summer with Caffè Nero to trial its new, reduced sugar iced drinks’ menu. As well as these new non-alcoholic cocktails, Caffè Nero have redesigned their menu to include better quality ingredients throughout; fresher, locally sourced (where available) and a reduction in sugar, all without compromising on taste. Going strong for almost 20 years, Caffè Nero has created these new iced drinks just in time for summer and they join an already delicious menu that has just become healthier! We were more than happy to taste the new offerings, so that we could let you know what they’re like. (I love my job!)
I arrived at Caffè Nero, hot and glowing, having fought my way through a humid and busy London. I was given a brilliant pink drink, ‘crushed raspberry lemonade’ and it was delicious. Wonderfully cooling and a perfect mixture of sharp and sweet. I was happy to know that the ingredients included fresh puree and a reduction in sugar from their previous recipe. We at Healthy Living London strive to find a healthy balance and acknowledge that we don’t always want water, so a refreshing option that is reduced in sugar, but gives you that little bit of sweetness (and vitamin C – lemons!) is a delightful treat.
“We’re pleased to offer our customers more choice – from helping them reduce their sugar intake to meeting appetites for delicious indulgence”. Helen Jones, Group Executive Director of Caffè Nero
Whilst enjoying a taste of Caffè Nero’s Iced Black Tea and Peach (yes I indulged in a second drink to better inform you!) the beautiful sound of Gracie Falls, winner of the Unsigned Songwriter Competition, filled the room. Her soft vocals were hauntingly beautiful. Caffè Nero promote new and upcoming artists and have previously featured artists such as Newton Faulkner and, my favourite, Einaudi. I love live music, so this was a lovely bonus when having a relaxing afternoon iced tea. The peach added a sweet and fruity twist to the black tea – yum. Whilst this drink has reduced its sugar content, it must be mentioned that it does contain sucralose, to give it its sweetness.
Caffè Nero Shaken Over-Ice
- Black Tea & Peach – zero calories
- Green Tea & Lemon – zero calories
- Sicilian Lemonade – lemons sourced from sun drenched Sicily. Caffè Nero has dialed up the zingy taste of fresh lemons and dialed down the sugar
- Crushed Raspberry Lemonade – the Sicilian Lemonade, with real raspberry purée
Caffè Nero Fruit Boosters – more fruit, less sugar
- Alphonso Mango & Passion Fruit – Alphonsos are the King of Mangoes, grown mostly in Western India, they have a soft sweetness
- Sicilian Blood Orange & Raspberry – subtle, sweet notes of raspberry with intense blood orange and a dash of real raspberry purée
Caffè Nero Frappé Crèmes – these new cream-enriched options are silky smooth
- Triple Belgian Chocolate – Belgian Chocolate Milano, chocolate chips and cream
- Espresso and Caramel – Caffè Nero’s authentic Italian house blend of coffee balanced with rich caramel
- Raspberry and Belgian White Chocolate – made using real fruit purée
“Perfectly balanced, premium Italian espresso coffee continues to be at the heart of what we do at Caffè Nero and our commitment to elevate the in-store experience this summer embraces our highly popular iced coffees: in Iced Latte, Frappé Latte, Mocha Frappé Latte and indulgent Frappé Crèmes too.” Helen Jones, Group Executive Director of Caffè Nero
Find Out More:
How Much? From £2.95
Gracie Falls: https://www.graciefallsmusic.com/about-gracie
*Health Advice: If you are concerned about allergies, please consult with your doctor.
Leave a Reply